Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Religious Dogma

I have come to realize that the single most destructive and abusive piece of religious dogma ever foisted on the mind of a gullible young person is the idea that all mankind (this means you) are sinners and thus unworthy of anything but death. Once convinced of this mistaken image of himself, the person becomes a slave to the religious authority which indoctrinated him, and then he has to spend his best efforts, in his most potentially productive years, learning how to cope with guilt and feelings of inferiority which the concept engenders, not to mention the loneliness, fear, anxiety and depression also accompanying.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 13, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only just this week come to a similar conclusion myself, and then in my curiosity found your post. Lucky I'm young at heart in my 40's with time ahead to now live instead from a positive mindset! :-)

 

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home